- 'All of that stress came flooding back' | Homeowners fear plans for nearby landfill are back on
- Don't get iced by scammers while trying to score Carolina Hurricanes tickets
- 'We can all tell the story' | Charlotte artists team up to turn Carolina Hurricanes jerseys into visual concept of 'Black Excellence'
- Charlotte artists collaborate to tell the story of 'Black Excellence' through new Carolina Hurricanes jerseys
- Warm, dry week increases wildfire threat for Hill Country
Beta is expected to move westward through the Gulf of Mexico, threatening the Texas coast. As of 4 p.m. Friday, maximum sustained winds had increased to nearly 40 mph. Beta could gain hurricane strength this weekend.
The National Hurricane Center warns that Tropical Storm or Hurricane Watches may be issued for portions of the western Gulf coast Friday evening or Saturday.
NHC says swells are expected to increase and reach the Texas coast by the weekend. These swells can cause life-threatening conditions.
Follow the KENS 5 Weather Team