- Weekly Oil Market Crash Update: Hurricane Zeta Forces Shutdown Of Half The Gulf’s Oil Production
- Tropical Storm WARNING issued ahead of Zeta
- Tropical Storm Watch issued ahead of Zeta
- Zeta back up to hurricane status, could bring life-threatening storm surge to Louisiana, Mississippi
- Zeta re-strengthens to a hurricane, takes aim at Gulf Coast
Some structures were reduced to their foundations by the fires, which were spreading fast through the county known for its vineyards.
Firefighters used aircraft to drop fire retardant and water over the flames, and the U.S. Forest Service announced on Friday that it was extending the closure of all nine national forests in California due to fire conditions and critical limitations on firefighting resources.
California and other west coast states have been ravaged by forest fires over the summer, many thought to be linked to climate change and a rise in temperatures making forest areas much drier, and therefore much more flammable, than usual.
Copyright © 2020 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.