- 'All of that stress came flooding back' | Homeowners fear plans for nearby landfill are back on
- Don't get iced by scammers while trying to score Carolina Hurricanes tickets
- 'We can all tell the story' | Charlotte artists team up to turn Carolina Hurricanes jerseys into visual concept of 'Black Excellence'
- Charlotte artists collaborate to tell the story of 'Black Excellence' through new Carolina Hurricanes jerseys
- Warm, dry week increases wildfire threat for Hill Country
Some structures were reduced to their foundations by the fires, which were spreading fast through the county known for its vineyards.
Firefighters used aircraft to drop fire retardant and water over the flames, and the U.S. Forest Service announced on Friday that it was extending the closure of all nine national forests in California due to fire conditions and critical limitations on firefighting resources.
California and other west coast states have been ravaged by forest fires over the summer, many thought to be linked to climate change and a rise in temperatures making forest areas much drier, and therefore much more flammable, than usual.
Copyright © 2020 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.