- Start of Dreamville Festival delayed due to severe weather forecasts
- At least 7 dead after tornadoes tear through South, Midwest
- Tornadoes strike Arkansas, Illinois; 4 dead, dozens injured
- Tornadoes strike Arkansas, Illinois; 8 dead, dozens injured
- 1 dead, 28 injured after Illinois theater roof collapses during severe weather
How Flood Projects Can Do More Than Just Prevent Floods (Jan. 14, 2021)
Houston Matters begins at 9 a.m. CT on 88.7FM or listen online. Join the discussion at 713-440-8870, email@example.com or @HoustonMatters.
On Thursday’s Houston Matters: Pres. Trump has been impeached for a second time. We discuss Wednesday’s debate and vote in the House and what we heard from Houston-area Congressional representatives.
Also this hour: How flood resilience projects can do more than just help prevent floods. Plus, we examine the oil and gas-related bills going before the Texas Legislature. And retiring Houston Chronicle sportswriter David Barron reflects on his career and how Houston sports have changed over the years.
Audio from today’s show will be available after 11 a.m. CT. We also offer a free podcast here, on iTunes, Stitcher and other apps.
Subscribe to Today in Houston
Fill out the form below to subscribe our new daily editorial newsletter from the HPM Newsroom.