- Street flooding, damaging winds possible for Houston area Thursday | Timeline
- TIMELINE: Thursday storms could bring street flooding, damaging winds
- TIMLINE: Thursday storms could bring street flooding, damaging winds
- Pender County wildfire now 65 percent contained, still 1,226 acres
- Today on Texas Standard: How Houston is using nature to combat flooding
A massive 1,400-acre wildfire called “Big Sky Fire” caused the temporary closure of one of San Antonio’s most popular area state parks, Enchanted Rock State National Area. The large wildfire is burning north of Fredericksburg in Gillespie County, according to the Texas A&M Forest Service.
The Fredericksburg natural area posted about its closure on its social media channels on Tuesday, August 2. Enchanted Rock noted that it wouldn’t be open to the public on Wednesday, August 3. The park did not disclose when it would open back up. It added to check back on its social media channel for updates.