- Carolina Hurricanes look to take series lead against Rangers in game 5
- NOAA predicts “above normal” 2022 Atlantic hurricane season
- EF0 tornado confirmed in Chester County on Monday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Chester County
- Three families killed in the 1997 Jarrell tornado are buried together in Georgetown
PORT ARANSAS, TX – Homeowners in Port Aransas are now watching the Gulf of Mexico–with a tropical disturbance looming in the Gulf, as they continue their recovery from Hurricane Harvey. One thing is certain–they’re ready for visitors! Mr. Jeff Hentz, President and CEO of the Port Aransas Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Bureau added that “Port A” is the top destination for Houston travelers. “Houston’s our #1 market right now, and its moved into the top place of most visitors moving into Port A. We’ve had one of our best summers,”
As visitors drive onto the Port Aransas ferry to cross to Mustang Island, the scenic beauty always captures them. Tourists flock to Port Aransas as their favorite island escape — a quiet getaway for many Texans. After Hurricane Harvey slammed the Texas coast last August, Port Aransas first struggled to recover–and has successfully rebounded into a bustling vacation destination.
Hentz said that actually the fun begins in fall with events including Beachtoberfest, Port A Live Music Fest on September 28th, 29th featuring 25 band and the World Food Championships.