- As California wildfires rage, is this the new normal?
- Deadly storms bring torrential rains, hail and tornadoes to large portions of the South
- Severe weather impacts the East Coast
- Two people killed after tornado outbreak hits south
- Today marks the end to an uneventful Atlantic hurricane season for Texas
PORT ARANSAS, TX – Homeowners in Port Aransas are now watching the Gulf of Mexico–with a tropical disturbance looming in the Gulf, as they continue their recovery from Hurricane Harvey. One thing is certain–they’re ready for visitors! Mr. Jeff Hentz, President and CEO of the Port Aransas Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Bureau added that “Port A” is the top destination for Houston travelers. “Houston’s our #1 market right now, and its moved into the top place of most visitors moving into Port A. We’ve had one of our best summers,”
As visitors drive onto the Port Aransas ferry to cross to Mustang Island, the scenic beauty always captures them. Tourists flock to Port Aransas as their favorite island escape — a quiet getaway for many Texans. After Hurricane Harvey slammed the Texas coast last August, Port Aransas first struggled to recover–and has successfully rebounded into a bustling vacation destination.
Hentz said that actually the fun begins in fall with events including Beachtoberfest, Port A Live Music Fest on September 28th, 29th featuring 25 band and the World Food Championships.