- Saturday marks one year since Hurricane Ian in the Cape Fear
- Fort Mill businesses left with big mess after raw sewage floods Baxter Village building
- Decoding The Intriguing Mechanisms Behind Hurricane Damage
- A World Aflame: The Dire Consequences of Escalating Wildfires
- 'My family was terrified' | Round Rock residents left with extensive damage after hailstorm
Find out which roads are closed in the Wilmington area
The following roads are closed due to impacts from Hurricane Florence:
New Hanover County
Canal Drive (Carolina Beach)
Wilderness Road, from Stillwell Road to Yulan Drive
1500 block Middle Sound Loop Road: tree blocking road
All entrance roads to the University of North Carolina Wilmington are closed: Randall Drive; Racine Drive; Crews Drive; Hurst Drive; Rose Avenue at Riegel Road; and North MacMillan Avenue at Hamilton Drive.
Evacuations on Carolina Beach and Wrightsville Beach prompted the closures of Snows Cut Bridge and Wrightsville Beach Drawbridge, respectively.
Reported traffic light outages: South College Road at Peachtree Avenue; South College Road at Oleander Drive; Second Street at Princess Street; Third Street at Princess Street; Wooster Street at South Fifth Avenue; Wooster Street at South Eighth Street; Hawthorne Drove at Wrightsville Avenue; Oleander Drive at Hawthorne Drive; Front Street at Market Street
G.V. Barbee Bridge in Oak Island will close at 6 p.m. Thursday.
Swains Cut Bridge in Oak Island will remain open until deemed unsafe.
Holden Beach Bridge closed after 3 p.m. Thursday.
Odell Williamson Bridge into Ocean Isle Beach closed 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Sunset Beach Bridge closed 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Ocean Highway near Shallotte closed 7 p.m. Wednesday.
>>READ MORE: Click here for complete coverage of Hurricane Florence.