- 1 dead, at least 17 injured after tornado rips Alabama town
- Alabama tornado leaves 1 dead, several critically injured
- Tornado leaves several injured, homes damaged in Alabama
- Senior-laden Hurricanes edge Rockets to keep playoffs in sight
- An ex-Marine who was arrested for his role in the U.S. Capitol riots previously went viral for rescuing dogs during Hurricane Florence
Find out which roads are closed in the Wilmington area
The following roads are closed due to impacts from Hurricane Florence:
New Hanover County
Canal Drive (Carolina Beach)
Wilderness Road, from Stillwell Road to Yulan Drive
1500 block Middle Sound Loop Road: tree blocking road
All entrance roads to the University of North Carolina Wilmington are closed: Randall Drive; Racine Drive; Crews Drive; Hurst Drive; Rose Avenue at Riegel Road; and North MacMillan Avenue at Hamilton Drive.
Evacuations on Carolina Beach and Wrightsville Beach prompted the closures of Snows Cut Bridge and Wrightsville Beach Drawbridge, respectively.
Reported traffic light outages: South College Road at Peachtree Avenue; South College Road at Oleander Drive; Second Street at Princess Street; Third Street at Princess Street; Wooster Street at South Fifth Avenue; Wooster Street at South Eighth Street; Hawthorne Drove at Wrightsville Avenue; Oleander Drive at Hawthorne Drive; Front Street at Market Street
G.V. Barbee Bridge in Oak Island will close at 6 p.m. Thursday.
Swains Cut Bridge in Oak Island will remain open until deemed unsafe.
Holden Beach Bridge closed after 3 p.m. Thursday.
Odell Williamson Bridge into Ocean Isle Beach closed 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Sunset Beach Bridge closed 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Ocean Highway near Shallotte closed 7 p.m. Wednesday.
>>READ MORE: Click here for complete coverage of Hurricane Florence.