- Rest Easy, Gulf Coast: Hurricane Season’s Pretty Much Over
- The 2021 hurricane season alphabet could be completed this week
- Hurricane Sam will pump larger waves, rip currents along NC coast late week
- Active tropics include Category 4 Hurricane Sam, 3 other systems that could get names soon
- Sam, a powerful Category 4 hurricane in the Atlantic
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
CAROLINA BEACH, NC (WWAY) — The bridge to Pleasure Island is closed.
The Town of Carolina Beach said Snow’s Cut Bridge closed to vehicle and pedestrian traffic at 10:30 p.m. Thursday because of weather conditions. A curfew remains in effect for Carolina Beach and Kure Beach.
Ahead of the storm, officials said the bridge would close when sustained winds reached 45 mph.