- NOAA predicts “above normal” 2022 Atlantic hurricane season
- EF0 tornado confirmed in Chester County on Monday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Chester County
- Three families killed in the 1997 Jarrell tornado are buried together in Georgetown
- Stormy repeat: NOAA predicts busy Atlantic hurricane season
The roof of the Surf Wind and Fire shop on Middle Street in downtown New Bern, N.C. collapsed on Friday, September 14, 2018 as rain, wind and storm surge from Hurricane Florence moved in the historic Craven County town on Friday, September 14, 2018.