- Central Texas wildfire still in check; no structures damaged
- Orange County Schools moves to remote, Duke activates severe weather policy
- Drivers preparing their vehicles ahead of severe weather need to be mindful of tire pressure
- Fire safety expert provides tips to keep your home safe from wildfires
- Prescribed Burn Gone Wrong Likely Sparked Wildfire In Bastrop County, Officials Say
A storm surge from Hurricane Florence caused the Neuse River to overflow its banks and flooded parts of New Bern, North Carolina, on September 14. Wind, rain and waves from the Category 2 storm began to lash the North Carolina coastline on Thursday.