- A friendship solid as ice: Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Martinook forges special bond with 12-year-old fan with Down syndrome
- Beautiful Sunday evening awaits as central NC dodges severe weather
- 50-acre Bastrop County wildfire 50% contained
- EF-1 tornado confirmed by NWS in Oconee County, South Carolina
- Tornado confirmed near Seneca, South Carolina
A storm surge from Hurricane Florence caused the Neuse River to overflow its banks and flooded parts of New Bern, North Carolina, on September 14. Wind, rain and waves from the Category 2 storm began to lash the North Carolina coastline on Thursday.