- Sam strengthens into a hurricane, watching two other areas
- Sam strengthens into a hurricane, watching three other areas
- Hurricane Sam expected to rapidly intensify into major hurricane this weekend
- Hurricane Sam forms, too early to determine if it will impact US
- Carolina Hurricanes start training camp with a lot of new faces
In a Facebook post, Peak Lab Rescue announced they were in need of volunteers and donations for the affected animals.
A few of the animals were rescued from the shelter shortly after Florence hit; however, an unknown number of pets remain.
On Sunday, Triangle residents steadily arrived at the Holshouser Building located at the N.C. State Fairgrounds to donate items for pets.
Those items included large crates, paper towels, dog food, leashes, doggy beds, and other items.
Cat donations are being accepted at Dorton Arena.
Peak Lab Rescue is continuously updating its Facebook page with information on what items are needed.
You must be 21 years old to sign up.
The group said they will remain at the fairgrounds until at least Wednesday.
There is an event using the same building later this week. As of now, no information is available on foster opportunities.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)