- Hawaii faces life-threatening flooding after some areas see more than a foot of rain in 48 hours
- Storm sweeps Hawaii, brings threat of ‘catastrophic’ floods
- Timeline: Severe weather threat coming along with front
- Another Hurricane Season In The Books: The Good, Bad, And Ugly Of The Week
- 'We can bounce back from this,' Gov. Roy Cooper visits Pilot Mountain to evaluate wildfire damage
The Carolina Hurricanes have reduced their roster to 39 players in preseason training camp, assigning eight players Friday to the Charlotte Checkers of the AHL.
The players assigned were forwards Steven Lorentz, Cliff Pu, Aleksi Saarela and Spencer Smallman; defensemen Josiah Didier, Michael Fora and Josh Wesley, and goaltender Jeremy Helvig.
The Checkers’ training camp begins Monday at Bojangles’ Coliseum in Charlotte.
Among the players invited to the Checkers camp is Trevor Owens, a Raleigh native who played college hockey at Northeastern.