- Ahead of the Atlantic Hurricane Season, here's how to stay prepared and weather aware
- National Hurricane Preparedness Week kicks off
- Tornado warning issued for Orange County, severe thunderstorm watch issued for Triangle
- Above-average hurricane season expected
- Central, eastern NC now under level 2 threat for severe weather
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
LELAND, NC (WWAY) — Representative David Rouzer is in the Cape Fear this week assessing damage all over the 7th Congressional District.
Rouzer said there is devastation all over the area. He said some towns look like lakes.
Rouzer said the beach towns are facing erosion. He said the area has a long road to recovery ahead.
“The flooding is just tremendous. I have seen the devastation at Topsail all the way down the coast. Duplin County the other day basically looked like a lake,” Rouzer said.
Rouzer was with the President earlier this week. He said they were both amazed at the help the area is getting from all over the country.
“The patience and the volunteer spirit and the comradery that you sense out there, the President was really moved by that,” Rouzer said.
Rouzer said he has been working with FEMA all week on aid. He said FEMA has funds ready to help the area.