- Sam strengthens into a hurricane, watching two other areas
- Sam strengthens into a hurricane, watching three other areas
- Hurricane Sam expected to rapidly intensify into major hurricane this weekend
- Hurricane Sam forms, too early to determine if it will impact US
- Carolina Hurricanes start training camp with a lot of new faces
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — A funeral was held Tuesday for a mother and baby killed after a tree fell on a Wilmington home during Hurricane Florence.
Lesha Patrice Johnson, 41, and her eight month old child were killed on the morning of September 14 after a tree crashed through the roof of their home.
Lesha Murphy-Johnson was killed after a tree fell on her Wilmington home on Sept. 14, 2018. (Photo: Facebook)
Their funeral was held at Saint Phillip African Methodist Episcopal Church in Wilmington.
A bishop from the Second Episcopal District AME Church came from Washington DC for the service.