- Drought And High Risk Of Wildfire Are Likely In Texas At Least Through Winter
- Triangle eastward under Level 1 risk for severe weather tonight
- Wind fans wildfire in California canyons, residents flee
- 'Atmospheric river' triggers flooding, landslides across southeastern Alaska
- New Jersey cousins organize Hurricane Eta relief efforts for victims in Honduras
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — A funeral was held Tuesday for a mother and baby killed after a tree fell on a Wilmington home during Hurricane Florence.
Lesha Patrice Johnson, 41, and her eight month old child were killed on the morning of September 14 after a tree crashed through the roof of their home.
Lesha Murphy-Johnson was killed after a tree fell on her Wilmington home on Sept. 14, 2018. (Photo: Facebook)
Their funeral was held at Saint Phillip African Methodist Episcopal Church in Wilmington.
A bishop from the Second Episcopal District AME Church came from Washington DC for the service.