- Collision repair shops and roofing companies hit with another big wave of business after Thursday's hail storm
- New Hanover County, Wilmington receive $4.6M for Hurricane Isaias recovery
- Holden Beach awarded $3.8M to renourish beaches damaged by Hurricane Isaias
- Severe weather threat comes to an end Thursday, some scattered showers remain
- Forecast: More severe weather ahead for Friday, upper 70s expected
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — A funeral was held Tuesday for a mother and baby killed after a tree fell on a Wilmington home during Hurricane Florence.
Lesha Patrice Johnson, 41, and her eight month old child were killed on the morning of September 14 after a tree crashed through the roof of their home.
Lesha Murphy-Johnson was killed after a tree fell on her Wilmington home on Sept. 14, 2018. (Photo: Facebook)
Their funeral was held at Saint Phillip African Methodist Episcopal Church in Wilmington.
A bishop from the Second Episcopal District AME Church came from Washington DC for the service.