- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
- Severe weather in Houston (Nov. 30, 2023)
That’s what Hurricane Florence is expected to cost New Hanover County.
Commissioners met yesterday for the first time since the storm.
The cost estimate includes overtime for county employees–and the $13 million its going to cost to remove debris.
THe figure is an early estimate, and most officials expect it to change as recovery continues.