- Prescribed Burn Gone Wrong Likely Sparked Wildfire In Bastrop County, Officials Say
- Tracking the windspeeds before and after a prescribed burn turned into a Bastrop wildfire
- Texas wildfire no longer growing, some evacuations lifted
- Firefighters make 'good progress' against Bastrop wildfire as officials promise an investigation
- Houston-area firefighters join central Texas wildfire efforts
That’s what Hurricane Florence is expected to cost New Hanover County.
Commissioners met yesterday for the first time since the storm.
The cost estimate includes overtime for county employees–and the $13 million its going to cost to remove debris.
THe figure is an early estimate, and most officials expect it to change as recovery continues.