- Crews battling wildfire in rural Pender County
- Death Valley route buried in floods, closed for another week
- ‘Smokey Bear’ celebrates 78th birthday as NC wildfire situation remains mostly under control
- Biden surveys flood damage in Kentucky, pledges more US help
- Three large wildfires around Central Texas nearly 100% contained
That’s what Hurricane Florence is expected to cost New Hanover County.
Commissioners met yesterday for the first time since the storm.
The cost estimate includes overtime for county employees–and the $13 million its going to cost to remove debris.
THe figure is an early estimate, and most officials expect it to change as recovery continues.