- Hurricane Expo held at the Leland Town Cultural Arts Center to prepare the public for another active season
- Flash flood watch expires at midnight, but additional rain possible overnight
- Flash flood watch remains in effect through Friday evening
- 'We always prepare': NC emergency director confident in hurricane readiness before retirement
- Flash flood watch issued as another rainy evening possible
That’s what Hurricane Florence is expected to cost New Hanover County.
Commissioners met yesterday for the first time since the storm.
The cost estimate includes overtime for county employees–and the $13 million its going to cost to remove debris.
THe figure is an early estimate, and most officials expect it to change as recovery continues.