- Drought, hail and a Thanksgiving staple: extreme weather delivered a hit to cranberry farmers
- UNCW helps collect clothes for people in Honduras impacted by hurricanes
- Hurricanes' Slavin urging people to 'Fill the Stadium' support at-risk children
- Hundreds of thousands at Honduras' shelters after hurricanes
- Hurricanes' world-class practice facility unveiled
That’s what Hurricane Florence is expected to cost New Hanover County.
Commissioners met yesterday for the first time since the storm.
The cost estimate includes overtime for county employees–and the $13 million its going to cost to remove debris.
THe figure is an early estimate, and most officials expect it to change as recovery continues.