- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
- Severe weather in Houston (Nov. 30, 2023)
The Wilmington City Council approved the first wave of funding to go toward recovery from Hurricane Florence.
In a unanimous vote, the council agreed to fund $9 million worth of disaster relief.
Much of that will go toward debris removal and assessments of damage to both public and private property.