- A friendship solid as ice: Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Martinook forges special bond with 12-year-old fan with Down syndrome
- Beautiful Sunday evening awaits as central NC dodges severe weather
- 50-acre Bastrop County wildfire 50% contained
- EF-1 tornado confirmed by NWS in Oconee County, South Carolina
- Tornado confirmed near Seneca, South Carolina
The Wilmington City Council approved the first wave of funding to go toward recovery from Hurricane Florence.
In a unanimous vote, the council agreed to fund $9 million worth of disaster relief.
Much of that will go toward debris removal and assessments of damage to both public and private property.