- More than 2 months after a hailstorm caused major damage in Round Rock, residents are still dealing with repairs
- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
Image 1 3
DALLAS (AP) — The Latest on the search for four men missing in West Texas flooding (all times local):
The search has resumed for four people missing after a West Texas RV park was overrun by raging floodwaters.
Texas Game Warden Rachel Kellner says the search resumed Tuesday morning with crews walking the banks of the South Llano River downstream from Junction, Texas, and a few boats going in. She says it is very windy and that the river is rising again, with more rain expected.
She says the current is too strong for some boats to get into the river and because of the weather conditions, no helicopters can get into the air.
Kellner says the four missing are one woman and three men. Earlier, officials said all four are men.
Emergency personnel in helicopters and boats rescued 19 people Monday in Junction, a small city about 140 miles (225 kilometers) west of Austin.
Four men remain missing after a West Texas RV park was overrun by raging floodwaters and authorities are awaiting daybreak to resume their search.
Texas Game Warden Rachel Kellner said early Tuesday that the South Llano River at Junction is a “muddy mess,” full of debris and too dangerous to search until after sunrise.
Kellner says the men are co-workers whose recreational vehicle was among several swept away in the floods after heavy rain late Sunday.
Emergency personnel in helicopters and boats rescued 19 people Monday in the small city about 140 miles (225 kilometers) west of Austin.
Kellner says she knows of no one else still missing.
She says all those rescued Monday were checked out by medical emergency personnel. She doesn’t know if any of them required hospitalization.