- Hurricane Ian on brink of Category 5 status as it nears Florida landfall within hours: Live updates
- They moved from Texas after the 2021 freeze. Now they’re dodging a hurricane.
- Hurricane Ian on brink of Category 5 status as it nears Florida landfall today: Live updates
- Hurricane Ian nears Category 5 strength as Florida braces for direct impact
- Texas closes Padre Island National Seashore beaches ahead of Hurricane Ian
11/8/18– New Hanover County Schools will end the school year five days later–thanks to missed class time from Hurricane Florence.
The school board rejected a plan to make up time by adding minutes to the school day.
Instead–the school year has been extended to June 13th.