- IRS provides tax relief for North Carolinians affected by Hurricane Ian
- EPA will center climate change response in Texas on sea level rise, floods, drought and severe storms
- Houston Rockets, Harris County constable team up for Hurricane Ian relief drive
- Hurricane Ian could be second costliest storm in history
- Biden visits hurricane-ravaged Florida
Durham Public Schools delayed school-opening by two hours Tuesday because of flooding on some roads, and the Durham County Sheriff’s Office issued a list of roads for drivers to avoid.
The sheriff’s office said drivers should stay away from:
- Snow Hill Rd between Toredge Rd and Infinity Rd
- Moores Mill Rd at the Person County line
- Old Oxford Rd between Cassum Rd and Lake Michie Dam Rd
- Scott King Rd at Grandale Dr
Raleigh police and Wake County sheriff’s deputies also were dealing with traffic problems caused by some street flooding Tuesday morning.
Chapel Hill police reported a tree down on Clayton Road and an associated power outage.
The flooding resulted from rain that fell all day Monday and almost all night.
Ron Gallagher 919-829-4572 @RPGKT