- A small group of Lahaina residents return to homes destroyed by deadly wildfire
- EF-0 tornado touches down in Perquimans County during Tropical Storm Ophelia, officials say
- A new tropical storm could form soon in the Atlantic
- Some Lahaina residents return after devastating wildfires: "Unrecognizable"
- Lahaina residents return to find little left after wildfires
Officials say the move of a German Air Force donated Tornado fighter plane from Holloman Air Force Base to the Otero County Fairgrounds went well.
The Alamogordo Daily News reports the German Air Force Tornado jet fighter made its way down Highway 54/70 while being towed to Alamogordo on Saturday without any glitch.
The jet was on display for the public at the Otero County Fairgrounds on Sunday and is scheduled Tuesday to move to the New Mexico Museum of Space History.
The move involved 17 different agencies and businesses, including utility workers who will be taking care of power lines along the way.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The twin-engine combat plane has been on display in front of the German Air Force headquarters at Holloman Air Force Base for the last several years.