- They moved from Texas after the 2021 freeze. Now they’re dodging a hurricane.
- Hurricane Ian on brink of Category 5 status as it nears Florida landfall today: Live updates
- Hurricane Ian nears Category 5 strength as Florida braces for direct impact
- Texas closes Padre Island National Seashore beaches ahead of Hurricane Ian
- Hurricane Ian nears Florida landfall with 155 mph winds
Officials say the move of a German Air Force donated Tornado fighter plane from Holloman Air Force Base to the Otero County Fairgrounds went well.
The Alamogordo Daily News reports the German Air Force Tornado jet fighter made its way down Highway 54/70 while being towed to Alamogordo on Saturday without any glitch.
The jet was on display for the public at the Otero County Fairgrounds on Sunday and is scheduled Tuesday to move to the New Mexico Museum of Space History.
The move involved 17 different agencies and businesses, including utility workers who will be taking care of power lines along the way.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The twin-engine combat plane has been on display in front of the German Air Force headquarters at Holloman Air Force Base for the last several years.