- Severe weather moves on, but patches of rain persist in central NC
- Ahead of the Atlantic Hurricane Season, here's how to stay prepared and weather aware
- National Hurricane Preparedness Week kicks off
- Tornado warning issued for Orange County, severe thunderstorm watch issued for Triangle
- Above-average hurricane season expected
Severe storms were moving across parts of the south, prompting a tornado warning in northern Alabama.
Forecasters Monday morning said a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado was about 9 miles (14 kilometers) south of Scottsboro and moving to the northeast.
Schools in DeKalb County, Alabama, and Northeast Alabama Community College delayed the start of classes Monday due to the threat of severe weather.
The national Storm Prediction Center says 26 million people are at a slight risk of severe storms on Monday in Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas.