- 'This was my home. It will be again.:' Beach residents rebuilding on the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Isaias
- ‘This was my home. It will be again.:’ Beach residents rebuilding on the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Isaias
- On anniversary of Hurricane Isaias, tropics remain relatively quiet for 2021
- Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- Live updates: Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
Severe storms were moving across parts of the south, prompting a tornado warning in northern Alabama.
Forecasters Monday morning said a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado was about 9 miles (14 kilometers) south of Scottsboro and moving to the northeast.
Schools in DeKalb County, Alabama, and Northeast Alabama Community College delayed the start of classes Monday due to the threat of severe weather.
The national Storm Prediction Center says 26 million people are at a slight risk of severe storms on Monday in Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas.