- As California wildfires rage, is this the new normal?
- Deadly storms bring torrential rains, hail and tornadoes to large portions of the South
- Severe weather impacts the East Coast
- Two people killed after tornado outbreak hits south
- Today marks the end to an uneventful Atlantic hurricane season for Texas
The Wake Forest Police Department has closed down Rogers Road at Hobblebush Way following extensive flooding in the area.
Officials are urging all motorists to avoid the area and choose an alternate route.
Rolesville officials also evacuated Mill Bridge Nature Park around noon on Saturday.
While the focal point of the heaviest rain may be located in the mountains, where local amounts of up to six inches may fall between now and tomorrow night, the Triangle is still expected to get a thorough soaking over the next few days.
Most of the numerical forecast models are implying that Raleigh should pick up between 2 and 2.5 inches of rain this weekend, which can cause flooding of both low-lying and poor drainage areas.
If you come across a flooded road and you cannot see the pavement, do not drive through it.
Copyright © 2019 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.