- A look at how summer storms create localized damaging winds
- Tornadoes spur injuries, damage in eastern Pennsylvania
- Wisconsin storms bring 3 tornados; 1 man dies in crash
- Tornado watch vs warning: What to do when you see alert messages
- Non-profit group organizing clean-up for home damaged by flooding on Leon Creek
The Wake Forest Police Department has closed down Rogers Road at Hobblebush Way following extensive flooding in the area.
Officials are urging all motorists to avoid the area and choose an alternate route.
Rolesville officials also evacuated Mill Bridge Nature Park around noon on Saturday.
While the focal point of the heaviest rain may be located in the mountains, where local amounts of up to six inches may fall between now and tomorrow night, the Triangle is still expected to get a thorough soaking over the next few days.
Most of the numerical forecast models are implying that Raleigh should pick up between 2 and 2.5 inches of rain this weekend, which can cause flooding of both low-lying and poor drainage areas.
If you come across a flooded road and you cannot see the pavement, do not drive through it.
Copyright © 2019 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.