- Biden heads to Texas to see storm damage, visit food bank
- President Joe Biden visits Texas to survey winter storm damage, COVID-19 vaccination site
- Cypress-Fairbanks ISD expects millions in damage as winter storm floods schools
- Gov. Cooper signs State of Emergency following Brunswick County tornado
- Hurricanes blanked by the Lightning on the road
WINNIE, Texas (FOX 26) – Riceland Hospital has been evacuated in Winnie, where “significant flooding” has been reported, according to Chambers County Emergency Management.
The county and the Red Cross have opened a flood shelter at White’s Park Community Center at 225 White’s Memorial Park Road.
Emergency Management says water is in homes and businesses.
The following roads are closed, and residents are warned not to try to drive on them:
- All roads North & East of FM 1410 & FM 1941
- I-10 Frontage Rd at Hwy 124
- Hwy 65 between Anahuac & Winnie-Stowell is flooded & impassible
Do not drive around barricades.
Residents who evacuate can bring their pets to the shelter. Bring a kennel or carrier for your pet, and they have to be on a leash. Bring food for your pet as well.