- Street flooding, damaging winds possible for Houston area Thursday | Timeline
- TIMELINE: Thursday storms could bring street flooding, damaging winds
- TIMLINE: Thursday storms could bring street flooding, damaging winds
- Pender County wildfire now 65 percent contained, still 1,226 acres
- Today on Texas Standard: How Houston is using nature to combat flooding
A line of strong storms are moving through the Austin area Friday, as parts of Austin, southern Travis County and all of Hays County are under a flash flood warning until 7:30 p.m.
A severe thunderstorm warning is in effect for southern Travis County, including Mustang Ridge, and parts of Caldwell and Hays Counties, including San Marcos and Lockhart, until 5:30 p.m.
Travis, Caldwell and Hays counties are under a severe thunderstorm watch until 8 p.m. Scattered hail up to apple size, wind gusts to 75 mph and frequent lightning are possible in the line of storms, the National Weather Service in Austin/San Antonio said.
Follow updates from the National Weather Service below: