- Weekly Oil Market Crash Update: Hurricane Zeta Forces Shutdown Of Half The Gulf’s Oil Production
- Tropical Storm WARNING issued ahead of Zeta
- Tropical Storm Watch issued ahead of Zeta
- Zeta back up to hurricane status, could bring life-threatening storm surge to Louisiana, Mississippi
- Zeta re-strengthens to a hurricane, takes aim at Gulf Coast
Alexa Castro, 5, and Abraham Martinez Jr., 4, were inside the car with their mother when heavy rain swept away part of the road and their car.
Rescue crews were able to save the mother, but the children were not found until days later. Their bodies had been swept away and were found about 30 yards apart in shallow water.
Galilee Road has remained damaged since then. On Friday, NC Department of Transportation announced plans for the area.
Instead of replacing the road, NCDOT will build a bridge there.
The department has not determined exactly when construction on the bridge will begin, but a spokesperson said he hoped construction could start sometime this fall.
Copyright © 2020 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.