- Smoke from Canada wildfires along East Coast should begin dissipating
- Air quality along the East Coast improves after days of haze from Canada wildfires
- Floods imperil cattle, cotton in the Panhandle
- Are Canadian wildfires under control? Here's what to know.
- Relief from Canadian wildfire smoke still days away for millions of Americans, meteorologist says
EF-1 tornado confirmed in Yadkin County
View The Original Article Here
Hamptonville, N.C. — An EF-1 tornado was confirmed by the National Weather Service in Thursday’s severe storms.
A National Weather Service survey team inspected storm damage near Buck Shoals in Yadkin County.
The damage was determined to be caused by a tornado of EF-1 intensity.
This tornado had wind gusts estimated to be 95 mph.
It was estimated that the tornado track was 1.5 miles long, with the maximum width being approximately 100 yards.
Almost all direct damage consisted of numerous mature trees that were either snapped or uprooted.