- Central Texas wildfire still in check; no structures damaged
- Orange County Schools moves to remote, Duke activates severe weather policy
- Drivers preparing their vehicles ahead of severe weather need to be mindful of tire pressure
- Fire safety expert provides tips to keep your home safe from wildfires
- Prescribed Burn Gone Wrong Likely Sparked Wildfire In Bastrop County, Officials Say
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) —
The Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina still needs various items to send to Hurricane Florence victims in the eastern part of our state.
On Monday afternoon, officials with the food bank said there is an urgent need for ready-to-eat food, hygiene items and cleaning supplies since many residents are back in their homes and picking up the pieces.
“They lost things like sanitary products, soaps, things for showers. They lost toilet paper that they may have stocked, paper towels that are great for cleaning, cleaning products that maybe they wouldn’t normally keep in their home but now need to be able to clean up after floodwaters.” Jessica Whichard with the food bank told ABC11.
One thing the food bank does not need at this time is bottled water.
If you wish to donate online, click here.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)